Saturday, January 7, 2012

Although this article is a little overdue, I still felt it fitting to let you in on some of my favorite movies from 2011.  I have not seen every movie from the year 2011, but I have seen enough to garner some favorites.  I’m providing you with my Top 5 picks for the year 2011.

5. Fast Five

Great action and a great twist accompany the best movie in the Fast and Furious franchise.  The fast cars, in depth plot, and interesting but fun cast of characters makes this a very exciting movie to watch.







4. The Help

This movie, set in the Civil Rights Era, is a great tale of how life was as a black maid during the era.  It is an eye opening movie, giving younger generations a chance to see how life was just a short while ago.  Although some of the real life experiences were probably worse than the movie depicts, it surely gets its point across.





3.  Moneyball

Being a baseball nut, Moneyball had to crack my top 5 for the year.  The book was better, as with most movies, bought I thought Brad Pitt did a great job of portraying Billy Bean and his unconventional GM style.











2.  The Eagle

Not one of the most popular movies of the year, The Eagle is a great flick about honor.  Set in Rome’s heyday, this story is bound to keep you interested with a few twists and turns along its miraculous journey.






1. Soul Surfer

I enjoyed this movie so much that after I saw it once, I had to watch at least 50 more times.  Based on a true story, surfer Bethany Hamilton tragically loses her arm in a shark attack.  Through her faith in God, she is able to overcome the tragedy and rediscover her purpose in the world.





Chime in and let me know what your top 5 may be!

1 comment:

  1. You probably put Soul Surfer as number 1 because of the girl on the cover.

    ReplyDelete